Thursday 4 August 2016

I HAVE THIS THING WITH...ASOS ESPADRILLES

Today’s post is an ode to the shoes that have graced my feet every second day for the past month or so (check my instagram feed if you don't believe me). I first became obsessed with lace up shoes after watching Miu Miu’s SS16 presentation. I loved the way the detail around the ankles seemed to finish every outfit off perfectly and I also loved how the models looked a little bit like off-duty ballerinas (but not too literally, in a cool way – not a wrap cardigan or too-tight bun in sight). I spied the shoes in question on ASOS when I was shopping for my holiday to Italy last month and a. couldn’t believe the price (£12) and b. had to buy them in both colours. On a mission to pack light this year (for once), I only took four pairs of shoes on holiday: these two, a pair of sliders and a pair of nude block heels. The espadrilles were great for both day trips to the market and evening walks along the beach – they look polished but are much more comfortable than any of my heeled shoes and when it’s 35 degrees, comfort is definitely key.


(ESPADRILLES, ASOS - PINK & CHECKED

Thank you shoes, for getting me through the summer in style. I feel like they really deserved some airtime, hence why I decided to write this post.

PS. While we’re on the subject, how cute are these? Oh and I could probably be tempted to buy these too.


Sarah x

0 comments:

Post a Comment