Saturday 13 August 2016

THE CLOUD 9 DRESS



Disclaimer: I tried really hard to write this blog without using the phrase 'the dress of dreams'  or the word 'dreamy'. I hope you can appreciate how difficult that was.

There are a few brands you come across in life which you feel like could have been started with you in mind. For me, Sister Jane is one of them. They sell beautiful, whimsical clothes for people who love to dress up and sartorially don't take themselves too seriously. I'm not ashamed to admit I'm 100% the kind of girl they are making their clothes for.

Meet the Cloud 9 Dress.

Photos by Love Cloth Blog






Not for the faint-hearted; it's pink AND it has bows on it. My five year old self feels like an absolute princess in it. But it's not too girly: the shirt dress silhouette and long sleeves keep it easy to wear and not too try hard. It's a head turner -  the kind of dress that would be ideal for a wedding or even as a 'oh hey look at me' birthday dress. With my trusty silver boots or even white converse I reckon I can definitely make it work for everyday. I don't really believe in keeping things "good". One day I'll turn up in dungarees and a striped top and the next in a polka dot midi skirt and cami. Sarah Jessica Parker/Carrie Bradshaw (the lines are blurred) and SATC (season 5 and onwards) are solely responsible for this.


(Dress - Sister Jane, Bag - The Cambridge Satchel Company, Boots - Office Shoes)





In a world where we're bombarded with beautiful images every day on Instagram, I'm always surprised when a traditional marketing campaign blows me away. The #AUnicornRide project by Sister Jane features this dress and was shot at Dreamland Margate (which just so happens to be one of my favourite ever places). I very much fell head over heels with the campaign first and the dress afterwards. It's probably because it's what I do for a living but I'm always so impressed when a brand can effortlessly capture the spirit of their clothes through photography. And then when that makes me want to buy their clothes/live in their world, well that's even more impressive.






This is the first piece of clothing I've bought from Sister Jane but it's definitely not going to be the last. I feel like I've found my 27 year old dressing up box and it's bloody dreamy.

Next purchase is this amazing creation (Pandora Sykes rocked it so I'm going to try to rock it too because I love her.)

Sarah x




1 comments:

  1. I love Sister Jane and you are right that the campaign is just gorgeous! I really like your writing style and you are super cute x
    www.fashionetmoi.com

    ReplyDelete